Greetings PlusPortals Administrator,
We are pleased to announce another update to the PlusPortals. This update contains a new feature that will make transitioning to the new school year in the PlusPortals easier.
During the new year transition process, it is beneficial to hide students’ scheduling information from students and parents until schedules are finalized. The PlusPortals is a class-oriented application – scheduling information is integrated into a large portion of its features. Prior to this update, in order to hide scheduling information, a number of permissions and features needed to be disabled.
In this update, we introduce New Year Transition Mode. This mode will enable you to completely hide students’ scheduling information in seconds but still allow students and parents to continue to access the PlusPortals.
The PlusPortals will be updated during the early morning (EDT) tomorrow, June 28th, 2017.
New Year Transition Mode
The New Year Transition Mode hides student scheduling information from students and parents while allowing them to access the PlusPortals. Using this feature, you can ensure uninterrupted communication through events, announcements, and more.
To enable this mode, do the following:
- Click Manage Accounts, and then click the Settings tab.
- Under New Year Transition Mode, do either of the following:
- Click the Active for students toggle to switch it to Yes.
- Click the Active for parents toggle to switch it to Yes.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Save.
While the New Year Transition Mode is enabled:
The Homeroom field on the students' and parents' Demographics tab is not automatically hidden.
To hide this field, go to Permissions > Students > Demographics and Permissions > Parents > Demographics, uncheck the box for Homeroom, and then click Save.
- The StudentPlus and ParentPlus mobile apps will be inaccessible until the next update for each app.
The Login As feature hides scheduling information from admin users when they login as a student or parent.
This ensures that admin users see exactly what the student or parent sees when they log in. You can access Login As by clicking next to a user on the Students or Parents tab of the Manage Accounts page.
- Teachers can still view their students’ scheduling information on the Students tab.
- Group Heads can still view group members' scheduling information in their student details.