Greetings PlusPortals Administrator,
We are pleased to announce an update to the PlusPortals. While this is a small update, several important fixes are included, along with two key e-mail related improvements:
- If an e-mail sent from the PlusPortals is unable to be delivered, the sender will receive an e-mail notification.
- Special characters in an e-mail address will no longer impact message deliverability to other addresses.
The PlusPortals will be updated between 2:00 and 3:00 am (EDT) on May 3, 2017.
Features and Enhancements
Notification of E-Mail Delivery Failure
E-Mail delivery failures are generally caused by a connection timeout or the inclusion of large attachments. As of this update, senders receive an e-mail notification if an e-mail isn't delivered to its recipients. This allows senders to quickly re-send these e-mails.
In addition, users can access the delivery status of undelivered e-mails by clicking the e-mail on the Activity Feed page of the Miscellaneous > E-Mail Analytics area.
E-Mail Addresses Containing Special Characters Do Not Affect Delivery for Other Recipients
The e-mail relay service that powers e-mail delivery from the PlusPortals is unable to process e-mails to addresses with special characters (such as letters with accents; for example, á, ó, ñ). Prior to this update, if one recipient’s e-mail address contained a special character, the e-mail wasn't delivered to any of the e-mail’s recipients. Now, all recipients without special characters in their addresses will receive the e-mail.
- The e-mail reply pop-up screen no longer closes automatically on users.
- Prior to this update, the pop-up screen for replying to e-mails within the PlusPortals closed whenever a draft was automatically saved. Now, while the draft is still automatically saved, the pop-up screen no longer closes on the user.
- The printed version of the PlusPortals Login Details now generates properly.
- Previously, when attempting to print these credentials (by clicking E-Mail/Print Login Details > Print Login Details on the Manage Accounts screen of the PlusPortals Admin Site) only the banner of the report generated.
- The Can’t access your account? button now works for schools using the standard login page.
- Prior to this update, the button worked for schools using the PlusPortals Home Page as their login page but not for schools using the standard Login Page. Both versions can be accessed in the PlusPortals Admin Site in the Miscellaneous > Appearance area.
If you have any questions related to this update, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tech Support at 800-882-2994.