We've released several improvements and bug fixes for the TeacherPlus Gradebook. Highlights of this update include:
|Decaying Average Calculation Method||Added Decaying Average as a calculation method for Skills grading. This method adds more weight to recent assessments.|
|No Internet Connection Warning||Added a warning message that appears if you are not connected to the internet.|
|IB Grading Support||Schools that use IB grading can use the HTML5 TeacherPlus Gradebook.|
|Skill Grade Change Log||Renamed the "Skills Grade Change Log" to "Skill/Standards Grade Change Log". The updated log records changes to all levels of standards in addition to skills grade changes.|
|Standards Based Grading||Improved the HTML5 TeacherPlus Gradebook's handling of standards based grading.|
|Skills/Standards||Added all methods of skill grade calculation to the Skill Grade Calculation Settings dialog box.|
|Undo Function||The undo function is not limited to 20 entries at a time.|
|Progress Report Narratives||Narratives can be included or hidden in the standards progress report settings.|
|Inactive Students on Combined Progress Reports||Combined progress reports can display data for inactive students if that option is selected.|
|Progress Report Signatures||Changes to the signature on a progress report save successfully.|
|Category Weight Settings Permissions||Admin users with read-only rights can’t edit category weight settings.|
|Column Visibility Settings Permissions||The visibility icon in the column header is disabled if teachers do not have rights to change public/private settings of columns.|
|Study Hall Attendance Submission||An issue with the display of submit attendance status for study halls has been resolved.|
|Archived Gradebook Visibility||Managers can view archived gradebooks even if the teacher does not have a gradebook in the current year.|
Added Decaying Average Calculation Method
In the TeacherPlus Gradebook Management site, Decaying Average is available as a calculation method for Skills: Marking Period Grades.
Decaying Average puts more weight on the most recent assessment. Unlike Power Law, which uses a complex formula difficult for students, parents, and teachers to understand, the Decaying Average formula is simple:
Grade = (Previous Grade * Previous Weight) + (Most Recent Assessment * Current Weight)
The Gradebook Manager specifies the Current Weight, and the remainder becomes the Previous Weight. For example, if the Current Weight is set to 65% the Previous Weight becomes 35%.
When you select Decaying Average, a chart with five examples illustrates the effect the formula will have on each assessment, based on the number of assessments in the marking period.
Added a No Internet Connection Warning
A warning message appears when you are no longer connected to the internet.
Added IB Grading Support
Schools using the IB method of grading can use the HTML5 version of the Gradebook.
Updated the Skill Grade Change Log
In the TeacherPlus Gradebook Management site, the Skills Grade Change Log has been renamed to Skill/Standards Grade Change Log. The updated log includes changes to all levels of standards in addition to skills grade changes.
Updated Gradebooks for Standards Based Grading
- Added a tooltip to the Linked Indicator page to view Indicator codes.
- Added Linked Indicators to the Copy column.
- Columns on the Standards page can be sorted.
- Disabled exam, semester, and final columns for the standards RC View template.
- Added template options, attendance reports, custom reports, and the option to save as an Excel file.
- Added roster change notifications.
Updated Gradebooks for Skills/Standards
In Skills/Standards, the Skill Grade Calculation Settings dialog box includes all methods of skill grade calculation.
- The undo function is no longer limited to 20 entries at a time.
- Narratives can be included or hidden in the standards progress report settings.
- Combined progress reports can display data for inactive students if that option is selected.
- Changes to the signature on a progress report save successfully.
- Admin users with read-only rights can’t edit category weight settings.
- The visibility icon in the column header is disabled if teachers do not have rights to change public/private settings of columns.
- An issue with the display of submit attendance status for study halls has been resolved.
Managers can view archived gradebooks even if the teacher does not have a gradebook in the current year.
Discontinued the TeacherPlus Chromebook App
The Chromebook app will be discontinued and the Chromebook will be automatically redirected to the HTML5 version of the TeacherPlus Gradebook.