Release Date | December 6, 2019
As the use of technology in the classroom continues to grow, so does the importance of interoperability. We provide an array of roster export utilities to improve how AdminPlus interfaces with other educational systems. These utilities benefit school administrators by reducing the amount of time they spend on manual data entry, allowing them to focus on administrative tasks.
In this release, we updated our existing roster exports (Apple School Manager, Clever, Microsoft SDS, and MAP Assessment Reports) to the latest file layouts while adding easy access to the files and logs generated by those export utilities. We also introduced an export utility for OneRoster, which is being accepted by more and more educational systems and is fast becoming the industry standard.
|Added OneRoster Export||We’ve added a utility to help schools export student, staff, and class data in the OneRoster 1.1 CSV file format.|
|Updated Roster Export Utilities||Removed export service settings from the General Specifications tab, added the View Files button, improved the View Log button, added last successful export time and date to the specifications, and updated the interface to highlight required fields.|
|Updated the Apple School Manager Export Utility||Updated mapping for Course Number and Course Name.|
|Updated the Clever Export Utility||Added mapping for School Number, Staff Number, and Student Number, and added support for X as a non-binary gender.|
|Updated the Microsoft SDS Export Utility||Designated SFTP specifications as optional and removed mapping for fields no longer included in Microsoft’s SDS format.|
|Updated the MAP Assessment Reports Export Utility||Removed the CRF – Class Roster File and SPF – Special Program File options from the Report Type drop-down menu, updated the specification screen for Roster File_Web and Program File_Web to only display the fields applicable to the selected file, and added mapping for School State Code, Instructor State ID, and Student State ID.|
|Organized the Tools Menu||Moved Clever Export, Microsoft SDS Export, and Apple ASM Export from the Tools > Custom sub-menu to the main Tools menu and removed deprecated tools.|
|Fixed the Student Transcript Excel Report||Students' full names display in the Formal Name field. Previously, the Formal Name field was limited to 25 characters.|
|Fixed Absences Total in the View Transcript Archival Header||The Absences field now includes full and partial absences rounded to a whole number. Previously, the Absences total only included full absences, making it difficult to compare to transcript totals. The Suspensions total has been moved to where the 1/2 Absences total was located.|
|Fixed Course Request Reports||No Reqs now provides the current list of students with no requests. View Log was separated into View Batch Log and View Manual Log. View Batch Log provides the last batch log, and View Manual Log provides all requests that were added or removed manually by the user.|
|Fixed Grade Verification Form E-Mail Formatting||Grade verification emails will include the HTML in the body of the email.|
If your school is not hosted, you can download the update from our Application Downloads page:
Added OneRoster Export
We’ve added a utility to help schools export student, staff, and class data in the OneRoster 1.1 CSV file format. The IMS Global Learning Consortium developed the OneRoster 1.1 specification. It is gaining widespread acceptance as a data interchange format for roster information. ClassLink and many other LMS publishing vendors accept this format.
The OneRoster export utility creates zipped files of your school’s data in the RS4\OneRoster_Export\[School Name] folder .
|Export Information||Associated File|
|Student and Staff Information||users.csv|
For more information on the export files, see OneRoster Export File Layouts.
In this folder, you can also find a zipped folder, OneRoster_ExportFiles, containing the export files for transfer via SFTP.
Updated Roster Export Utilities
We updated every AdminPlus roster export utility to improve the experience for both hosted and non-hosted schools. General updates to all export utilities include the following:
Removed export service settings from the General Specifications tab
Roster exports are a bulk export to be done as needed. Most schools will not need to schedule a nightly export. Instead, you should use the Send Data Now option after making roster changes.
- Non-hosted schools can set up a scheduled task to run the export (nightly or weekly). See Create a Scheduled Task for more information.
- Hosted schools with a high volume of roster changes can request a scheduled nightly export.
- Added the View Files button to access the export files in the roster export folder (Apple_ASM_Export, Clever, MS_SDS_Export, OneRoster_Export) located in the RS4 folder.
- Updated the View Log button to access all log files (manual or scheduled).
- Added the time and date of the last successful export (manual or scheduled) to the specifications screen.
- Updated the interface to highlight required fields. Fields that are required for an export are displayed in bold with an asterisk.
Updated the ASM (Apple School Manager) Export Utility
- Updated mapping for Course Number. It can be mapped to Course Number instead of Course Alias.
- Updated mapping for Course Name. It can be mapped to Course Name instead of Course Description.
Updated the Clever Export Utility to Clever 1.7.0
- Added mapping for School Number, Staff Number, and Student Number.
- Added support for X as a non-binary gender. Added a translation from N to X.
Updated the Microsoft SDS (School Data Sync) Export Utility
- Designated SFTP specifications as optional.
Removed mapping for fields no longer included in Microsoft’s updated SDS format.
For more information, see Microsoft's article CSV File Format for SDS.
Updated the MAP (Measures for Academic Performance) Assessment Report Export Utility
Removed the CRF – Class Roster File and SPF – Special Program File options from the Report Type drop-down menu.
The Northwest Evaluation Association (NWEA) no longer supports these export file layouts for MAP Assessment Reports.
- Updated the specification screen for the Roster File_Web and Program File_Web report types to only display the fields applicable to the selected file.
- Added mapping for the following Roster File_Web fields: School State Code, Instructor State ID, and Student State ID.
- Moved Clever Export, Microsoft SDS Export, and Apple ASM Export from the Tools > Custom sub-menu to the main Tools menu. Removed Edline, and Grade Quick.
Fixed the labeling of resources in the AdminPlus Help menu:
Previous Wording New Wording Update Application Downloads (requires login) Online Support Rediker Support Webex How Do I....? Quick Start Guide Manuals Rediker Support Documentation International Support Contact Customer Support Find Your Account Representative Contact Account Representative
- Fixed the Formal Name column in the Student Transcript Excel report (Tools > Excel Wizard > Report Cards > Student Transcript). Students' full names are displayed in the name field. Previously, the field was limited to 25 characters.
Fixed the Absences total on the View Transcript archival header (View > Grades > View Transcripts). The Absences field now includes full and partial absences rounded to a whole number. Previously, the Absences total only included full absences, making it difficult to compare to transcript totals. The Suspensions total has been moved to where the 1/2 Absences total was located.
To view the archival header, you can select a negative value in the Year drop-down menu located in the upper-right corner of the View Transcripts dialog box.
- Fixed the course request reports (Scheduling > Enter Course Requests > Print). No Reqs now provides the current list of students with no requests. View Log was separated into View Batch Log and View Manual Log. View Batch Log provides the last batch log and View Manual Log provides all requests that were added or removed manually by the user.
- Fixed grade verification form e-mail formatting (Report Cards > Entry Forms > Grade verification forms). Grade verification emails will include the HTML in the body of the email.