Installation and basic setup for the new AP Notify Mobile App can be approached as a seven-step process:
- Enable Mobile App Access
- Give Access to Individual Users
- Enable AP Notify Sync
- Access the New AdminPlus Notify Mobile App
- Log in and Access the Notify Screen
- Enable Fingerprint Login
- Set the Notify Settings
Step 1: Enable Mobile App Access
To enable mobile app access, do the following:
- Log in to the AdminPlus desktop application as Supervisor.
- Click Setup > General > Enable Mobile App Access.
In the Information dialog box, click Done.
Step 2: Give Access to Individual Users
After you enable access to the AdminPlus Notify mobile app, give access to individual users:
- Click File > Users/Security (Enhanced).
- In the Enhanced Security dialog box, click 1. Manage Users, and then click Next.
In the Manage Users dialog box, click the AP Notify App Access check box next to a user to give them mobile app access.
Each user you select is required to have a unique e-mail ID and a secure password.
- After you Enable Mobile Access, each user's current password is evaluated against the following rules:
- At least one lowercase letter
- At least one uppercase letter
- At least one number
- At least eight characters
- If a user's password doesn't meet any one of those requirements, AdminPlus prompts the supervisor to change the user's password.
- When you close the Manage Users dialog box, a sync process is initiated.
- E-Mail Address and Enable E-Mail are populated from e-mail settings and are stored in the same record. Editing either in the Manage Users dialog box will update them in the e-mail settings and vice versa.
- E-Mail Address and Enable E-Mail are always shown in the Manage Users dialog box, regardless of whether or not the RS4 folder is mobile app enabled. These two columns are already available in the E-Mail Initial Setup Wizard.
Step 3: Enable AP Notify Sync
Enable AP Notify specification sync using the new specification in the TeacherPlus Setup & Sync Manager:
- In the AdminPlus desktop application, click Tools > TeacherPlus Setup & Sync Manager.
- Under TeacherPlus Tools, click Send (Sync) Settings.
In the General Specifications dialog box, for 9. Enable AdminPlus Notify for Mobile App, click Yes.
The specification is disabled if your school doesn't have an AP Notify license.
When you enable this specification, the student and staff DB fields required for the AdminPlus Notify app are automatically added to the selected DB fields for syncing.
If Mobile App Access isn't enabled via AdminPlus > Setup > General > Enable Mobile App Access, the following Warning dialog box appears:
Step 4: Access the New AdminPlus Notify Mobile App
In the latest Administrator's Plus mobile app, when you open the AdminPlus Notify page, you are redirected to the new AdminPlus Notify app, or directed to tap Download to get the new app. Install the AdminPlus Notify mobile app (available for iOS and Android).
Step 5: Log in and Access the Notify Screen
To log in to the AdminPlus Notify mobile app, do the following:
- Tap to open the AdminPlus Notify app.
Enter your Username and Password, and then tap Login.
If you haven't been given access, a warning message appears.
If you have been given access, you are directed to the Select School screen.
On the Select School screen, tap a school in the list to open the Notify screen for that school.
If your school is a district school, you will have access to District Mode.
At this point there are three access errors you can encounter:
- No AP Notify Permissions: You do not have sufficient permissions to use AP Notify
- No AP Notify License: This school doesn't have an AP Notify License.
- AP Notify Not Enabled: This school hasn't enabled the AP Notify for Mobile app.
Step 6: Enable Fingerprint Login
To enable fingerprint login, do the following:
When you log in and access a school for the first time, the Enable Fingerprint Login prompt appears.
If you tap on Enable Fingerprint Login, AdminPlus Notify accepts the device fingerprint access control.
Any fingerprint registered to your device will be able to access the app.
- If you tap Skip, the dialog box is disabled until the next day.
- If you tap Don’t show again, and then tap Skip, the popup is permanently disabled.
- In the Success dialog box, tap OK.
If you want to change the login settings later, do the following:
- In the app menu, tap More, and then tap App Settings
Under Security, tap App Login.
Under App Login, tap App Password or Fingerprint.
Step 7: Set the Notify Settings
To set the notify settings, do the following:
- On the Notify screen, tap the Settings () icon.
When you log in and access a school for the first time, the default settings are loaded from the AP Notify Desktop application.