Still hot from the press, we bring you our latest update. Brew yourself some coffee, pull up a seat, and take a look at the newest additions and improvements to TeacherPlus Gradebook!
- Most of the changes in this build involve Standards Based Grading.
- As Silverlight fades into history, we have continued to add features involving Standards Based Grading, that were previously found only in our Silverlight version, into our HTML version of the Management Site.
- Previously, in the HTML5 version, some features involving Standards Based Grading were integrated into features that involved everyone. We have once again separated them. Only schools using Standards Based Grading will use the “STANDARDS” option below. If you are NOT using Standards Based Grading, all options will be found where they have always been.
|Enabling Standards||As can be done in the Silverlight GB Manager, Standards Based Grading can be enabled for all or specific courses.|
All sections of a course must now have the same setting. You cannot have one section of a course use Standards Based Grading while another section uses traditional grading.
|Managing Standards||An option to Manage Imports was added, allowing you to import, export, and delete standards.|
|Added Year-to-Date Mode for Calculating Grades||As could be done in Silverlight, schools using Standards Based Grading in the HTML5 Gradebook can activate Year-to-Date mode to calculate grades cumulatively instead of by marking periods.|
|Semester & Final Grade Calculation Formulas||The option to “Assign Averaging Formulas to Courses” has been merged into the Semester and Final Averages option.|
|Updated Process for Saving Reports to Excel||The Save to Excel button was added to the Reports Library page.|
|Improved Organization of Navigation Menu||The navigation menu on the left was improved by separating standards from skills.|
|Updated Functionality of Logs||Logs were updated to better record co-teacher activities and score changes made in Google Classroom.|
|Custom Reporting: Fixed Issue When Using 'Selected Course Levels' Filter||Previously, some users received a ‘No Matching Data’ message when using the Selected Course Levels filter for a custom report. This issue has been fixed.|
Added Option for Enabling Standards Based Grading (Previously only in Silverlight)
On the Enable Standards page (Standards > Enable Standards), you can choose the default settings for whether Gradebooks track standards and how course grades are calculated. You can also choose different settings for individual Gradebooks by clicking Customize Individual Courses.
Added Page for Managing Standards
On the Manage Import page (Standards > Library/Tools > Manage Import), you can import, export, and delete standards. You can also download a blank template or Common Core template to edit your school’s data in Excel and import it into TeacherPlus Gradebook Management Site.
Added Year-to-Date Mode for Calculating Grades (Previously only in Silverlight)
Schools using Standards Based Grading in the HTML5 Gradebook can activate Year-to-Date mode to calculate grades cumulatively instead of by marking periods. For example, third marking period grades will come from assessments that took place from the first day of the school year to the last day of the third marking period.
Semester and Final Average Calculation Formulas: Options Merged to Simplify Assigning Formulas to Courses
The Assign Averaging Formulas to Courses page has been merged into the Semester and Final Averages page to remove the inconvenience of changing pages when adding or editing formulas and assigning them to courses.
Custom Reports Library: A Save to Excel Button Has Been Added
Previously, the report had to be generated before it could be exported to Excel.
Navigation Menu: Improved Organization
- Skills/Standards has been split into Skills and Standards
- All settings for the integration options with numerous 3rd party products, such as Google Classroom, can now easily be found in one place: Settings > Integrations.
Logs: Improved Functionality
- Co-teacher activities are now included in all logs.
- Score change log now includes changes made in Google Classroom.
Reports > Custom Reporting: Error in the Filter to Select Course Levels Has Been Fixed
Previously, some users received a ‘No Matching Data’ message when using the Selected Course Levels filter for a custom report.