The topics in this chapter describe tasks related to managing your teacher portal.
In this chapter, you'll learn how to perform the following tasks:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Change Your Portal Password
- Configure Course Display Settings
- View and Print Your Schedule
- Access Your E-Portfolio Documents
Change Your Portal Password
If permitted by your PlusPortals administrator, you can change your password using the following steps.
- On the User menu, click [your name] > Change Password.
Important: You will only see Change Password if your PlusPortals administrator has enabled it.
- In Current password, type the password you're currently using.
- In New password, type the password you want to use.
Important: Passwords must contain at least one lower-case letter, one upper-case letter, one number, and a minimum of eight characters.
- In Confirm new password, type the new password again.
- Click Change Password to save your changes.
Configure Course Display Settings
If permitted by your PlusPortals administrator, you can decide which of your courses are visible to you, your students, and their parents. You can also change how your classes display on your Home page.
- On the User menu, click [your name], and then click Settings.
- Refer to the diagram and table below to make the necessary changes to your course display settings.
- Click OK at the bottom of the Settings page to save your changes.
On your Home page, display courses Alphabetically or By Course Number. Click Custom and use the buttons above the list to move a highlighted course up or down in the list, reflecting its new position on your Home page.
View the course section and name. Co-teachers see asterisks next to their courses.
View the course meeting time.
View the course duration.
Select the check box to display a course on your teacher portal. Clear the check box to hide the course.
To change how the course name displays on staff portals, double-click the existing name and type over it.
Note: Editing a course display name in your portal doesn't change the course name in AdminPlus.
Important: Because the course display settings are not user-specific, co-teachers can see your changes to the staff course display name, and they can also change the display name.
Select the check box to display a course on the student and parent portals. Clear the check box to hide the course.
Important: You will only see the Parent/Student Visibility column if your PlusPortals administrator has enabled it.
To change how the course name displays in student and parent portals, double-click the existing name and type over it.
Important: You will only see the Display Name for Parent/Student column if your PlusPortals administrator has enabled it.
Filter items in a column by clicking , or change the order of items by clicking the column heading.
View and Print Your Schedule
To view and/or print your class schedule, follow these steps:
- On the User menu, click My Schedule.
Your schedule appears.
- In the upper-right corner, click Print Preview.
- In the upper-right corner of the print preview, click Print.
The Print dialog box opens.
- After selecting the appropriate print options, click Print.
Access Your E-Portfolio Documents
If permitted by your PlusPortals administrator, you can access your Portfolio documents using E-Locker.
- On the PlusPortals Master menu, click the E-Locker tab.
Important: You will only see the E-Locker tab if your PlusPortals administrator enables it.
My Documents Tab in E-Portfolio
View the document description.
View the category assigned to the document in AdminPlus.
Filter items in the column, or change the order of items clicking the column heading.
View any remarks added by the AdminPlus administrator.
View the date the document was added to your Portfolio.
View the document file type.
Download the document.
Navigate between pages of items.
Select the number of items to display on the page.