With the template feature, you can easily customize column templates for different situations, based on various Demographic, System, and Gradebook columns. For example, you could customize a template that only shows students' names and the Narrative and Comment columns. TeacherPlus comes preloaded with default templates that you can use or customize further as your own.
To create a new template, do the following:
- On the Gradebook Toolbar, in the View group box, click Template Options, and then click New.
- In the Select Columns dialog box, enter a descriptive name into the Template Name box.
Default templates have brackets around their names—for example, [Name & Average] and [RC View]. To avoid confusion, we recommend that you avoid square brackets when naming your custom templates.
- Optional: Select the Hide All Score Columns check box to hide gradebook score columns in this template view.
Hiding all score columns is useful when you want to display only demographic columns.
- To add columns to your template, do either of the following:
- To include demographic columns in your template, select a column from the Demographic & System Columns list, and then click to move that column to the Selected Demographic & System Columns list.
- To include gradebook columns in your template, select a column from the Gradebook Columns list, and then click to move that column to the Selected Gradebook Columns list.
You can hold the Ctrl or Shift key and click to select multiple columns. You can also select one column, hold the Shift key, and then click any column below the first to select these columns and every column in-between. To remove columns from the Selected Gradebook Columns list, click .
- Optional: Select any of the check boxes next to Student Name, Unique ID, APID, or Average and Grade to display the column(s) on the right side of your gradebook.
- Arrange the template columns by selecting a column and clicking or to change its position in the list, and then click Save.
The top-to-bottom order of these lists becomes the left-to-right order in the gradebook.
To make changes to your template in the future, just edit the layout: Edit an Existing Template. If you no longer need the template, you can permanently delete it: Delete a Template.