You can customize the appearance of PlusPortals and choose to display or hide portfolio categories synced from AdminPlus.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Customize the Login Page
- Customize the PlusPortals Home Page
- Customize the Appearance of PlusPortals' Pages
- Customize the Logout Page
- Manage Portfolio Categories
Customize the Login Page
You can choose a custom banner and color scheme to customize the appearance of the Login page, the first PlusPortals page your users see. If you want more information to appear on the page where users log in, see Customize the PlusPortals Home Page.
To customize the Login page, click Miscellaneous > Appearance > Login Page.
For an overview of how you can customize the login page, see the diagram and table below:
Overview of Login Page Customization
Choose an image to display as the banner on the Login page.
Note: We recommend using an image that is 1200 x 100 pixels.
Change the background color to a predefined theme.
Change the background color and text color on the Login page. In the Background Color drop-down, you can type your school's hex code to display your school's exact color.
Save your changes.
Customize the PlusPortals Home Page
The Home page is an enhanced version of the Login page. If you choose to use the Home page instead of the Login page, you can display an image, messages, news, events, and school resources on the page where users log in.
To customize the appearance of your PlusPortals Home Page, follow these steps:
- On the navigation bar, click Miscellaneous > Appearance > PlusPortals Home Page.
- Select the Use PlusPortals Home Page instead of Login Page check box to replace the login box with the features you select for the Home page.
- Refer to the following image for the ways you can customize the Home page.
- Click Apply Changes when you're done.
Tip: You can show news, resources, a link to the TeacherLists Classroom Supplies Lists page, and events on the Home page. When you're creating or editing an announcement, a calendar event, or a link/file, select the Show on Login Page (Public) check box. You must also select the appropriate content check box via Miscellaneous > Appearance > PlusPortals Home Page.
Customize the Appearance of PlusPortals' Pages
You can control the appearance of all portal pages by selecting a school banner and color scheme that match your school's branding, or by selecting a predefined theme.
To customize the appearance of the PlusPortals pages, click Miscellaneous > Appearance > PlusPortals Pages.
Refer to the image below when customizing the portal pages, and then click Apply Theme.
Customize the Logout Page
You can send users to any site upon logging out of PlusPortals, such as your school's website. With this feature, parents, students, and teachers can be directed to useful information on your school website, such as school news or alerts.
To customize your PlusPortals logout page, follow these steps:
- On the navigation bar, click Setup > General Settings.
- Next to URL, type the URL of the site you want to redirect users to.
- Click Save.
Manage Portfolio Categories
After syncing portfolio items with PlusPortals in AdminPlus, you can choose which portfolio categories to display or hide. For more information on syncing portfolio items with PlusPortals in AdminPlus, see the topic Sync Portfolio Documents with PlusPortals.
To manage portfolio categories, follow these steps:
- On the PlusPortals navigation bar, click Setup > Portfolio Categories.
- Select the check boxes next to the desired categories.
- Optional: In the Portal Display Name column, edit how the category name appears in the portals.
- Optional: If you want to show documents in categories other than those listed, select the Show portfolio documents not belonging to any of the above categories check box beneath the table.
- Click Save.