In this chapter, you will learn how to create score symbols and add annotations to scores. See the topics below:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Create Score Symbols
Teachers use score symbols to grade students on individual assignments in their gradebooks. The symbols can be numbers, letters, or symbols, such as letter grades, Pass or Fail, or check plus or minus. Each symbol represents an exact percentage value (that is, not a range). For example, a B+ could be exactly 89%, whereas an A- could be exactly 92%. In addition, the symbols can only be modified in the Gradebook Management Site in order to maintain consistency across the school.
- Click Scores, and click Additional Score Symbols.
- Click Add Score Symbol.
- Enter the score Name, Code, Shortcut, and numerical Value.
Score symbols do not have to exist in your school's AdminPlus Grade Table, as they do not show on report cards or other reports in AdminPlus.
Do one of the following:
Click Save and Add Another to save the current score symbol and continue adding more.
- To edit a score symbol, click beside the symbol.
- To delete a score symbol, click beside the symbol.
Add Score Annotations
You can create a variety of ready-to-use annotations for teachers to choose from, such as "Great Work," "Incomplete Work," "Turned in Late," or "Late with no Penalty." Each annotation is represented by a code to make it easier for teachers to add the annotation to a column score. Although only the annotation codes display on Score columns, the actual annotations are visible to parents and students on PlusPortals.
- Click Scores, and then click Score Annotations.
- Click Add Score Annotation.
- Type the annotation code and its description. For example, "INC" would be the code, and "Incomplete" would be the description.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Save and Add Another to save the current annotation and continue adding more.
- Click Save.
- To edit an annotation, click beside the annotation.
- To delete an annotation, the click beside the annotation.
- To allow teachers to add their own annotations, select the check box Allow Teachers to add Score Annotations.
Use at the top of the Code and Description columns to sort through the annotations and only display the ones relevant to you.